Technical Account Manager
Technical Account Manager
£55k – £65k + Bonus
About the role
The company are a rapidly growing technology company whose goal is to help their clients to create the most efficient, effective, and engaging working environments. Using patented sensor technology, data analytics, and innovative displays, they help their clients to get the best out of their workspace while enabling them to fully understand the utilisation of their office buildings.
Due to rapid growth and exciting return to work product development, they now have an opening for an experienced Technical Account Manager to lead and support the implementation of their exciting solutions with large multi-national enterprise clients. In this customer-facing role, you will work alongside the sales and technical teams to grow our business providing support to clients that are deploying the solutions across their offices.
On a day-to-day basis, you will
- Support the growth of global strategic accounts with the Strategic Accounts Director
- Be fully accountable for the management of customer relationships of named accounts in line with committed proposition to deliver successful proof of concept outcomes leading to regional, national or Global rollouts
- Support pre-sales and mobilisation projects.
- Develop a good understanding of the range of products and become an established “expert” in the customer’s needs, able to translate this to the sales and technical teams to ensure seamless delivery of these solutions on client sites.
- Provide a level of technical expertise for questions arising during the deployment of proof of concept pilots and full solutions deployments, engaging the Technical Teams where required.
- Negotiate with clients on contract terms.
- Respond to questions arising from different client stakeholders (IT, CRE, Facilities, HR) with appropriate account management and technical responses.
- Take a leadership role in growing strategic accounts through understanding the broader needs of the client’s organisation and working with Product Development to customize the solution as necessary to achieve the client objectives.
- Assist with the selection and customisation of various solutions and their options to deliver desired client outcomes.
- Coordinate with Technical and Global sales teams to provide coordinated response to Global Clients and leverage corporate knowledge and experience.
- Work with Partners to assist in training their resources and providing project management assistance.
- Assist in the delivery of training to influencers including architects, office designers, technology consultants and other similar roles to support the continued building of the brand.
- Act as a primary interface with the Support and Development Teams on any escalations from client users and own the resolution path for detailed technical solutions to issues
- Develop and regularly maintain a comprehensive general knowledge of all products to help define new ways of customising solutions to address client needs.
- Liaise and partner with Product teams and fellow applications team members from across the company to ensure knowledge sharing and best practice development.
- Participate in continuous improvement reviews to evaluate the process and identify areas for development.
Skills and experience
- Key experience in an Account Management role within a technical, SaaS environment.
- Experience of technical troubleshooting and product development interfacing in order to solve and grow client offering.
- Experience in customer facing roles including pre-sales, project deployments and customer support.
- Experience of negotiating sales and contract terms with clients.
- Commercially astute with demonstrable track record of growing revenue and accounts and building strong customer relationships.
- Ability to work with and coordinate a variety of stakeholders across all levels.
- Ability and Commitment to translate customer “asks’ into additional opportunities.
- Extensive project management and deployment experience, to oversee proof of concept deployments, nurturing to transition into global accounts.
- An up-to-date knowledge of and a deep interest in technology.
- International experience would be an advantage as would the ability to speak different languages.
Any experience working in the real estate space or with workspace focused solutions is ideal, but not essential. The role can be fully remote, but ideally you will live within a reasonable distance of London.
Technical Account Manager, TAM, Account Manager, Account Director, SaaS, Software as a Service, Implementation Manager, Project Manager, Customer Success, Technical Success. Account Management, Pre-Sales, Solutions Consultant, Technical Consultant