Senior Business Development Manager (SaaS)
Senior Business Development Manager
Travel/Event Management SaaS solutions
Milton Keynes / Hybrid
£70k – £75k base / OTE £120k + bens
The company are an early stage SaaS business that provides a unique, powerful and fast-growing SaaS platform that helps travel and event organisers plan, manage and optimise the user experience and maximise brand collateral and commercial opportunities.
They are rapidly growing and looking to disrupt and dominate how their customers events are managed. Since starting operations four years ago, they made impressive inroads into sports hospitality, corporate travel, exhibitions, seminars and the luxury travel sector. The platform is trusted by leading brands across the professional sporting industry, including Formula 1.
The platform enables events, brands, rights-holders, organisations and sports teams to easily build custom branded apps to communicate to their guests important, useful and up-to date information about their event and travel. The SaaS solution removes the need for paper itineraries, spreadsheets, information packs and emails, reducing costs, eliminating errors and enhancing the overall customer experience.
To continue and drive their phenomenal sales growth further, an opportunity has arisen to join the business as a Senior Business Development Manager and carve a career path within a fast-growing SaaS business. The SBDM will be responsible for helping shape their sales value proposition, source new business and manage the expansion of services into existing customers.
The successful candidate will be an experienced sales professional, ideally with some exposure to the events, travel or hospitality industry. You must be a team player, able to travel and be a confident and competent communicator. You will be working closely with the Directors of the business, reporting to the CEO.
The ideal candidate will have experience in building successful teams, driving the sales process and have a proven track record of delivering new business targets.
- Develop and execute strategies to identify, qualify, and close sales opportunities
- Develop relationships with potential customers and partners to increase revenue
- Develop and maintain the sales pipeline
- Perform F2F and remote product demos
- Analyse customer needs and develop strategies to increase customer satisfaction
- Conduct market research to help shape the Company’s value proposition
- Manage existing customer accounts and relationships
- Prepare sales reports and presentations for the leadership team and investors
- Stay up to date on industry trends and the competitive landscape
- 5 years + sales experience in SaaS or application based products
- Experience in SaaS sales
- Demonstrable ability to interact and communicate with C-level executives
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple inbound sales leads
- Proven track record of success
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational and analytical skills
- Knowledge of the tech industry and go-to-market strategies
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Travel within the UK and International
- Leading and building sales teams
- Experience of working in an emerging business environment
- Interest in sport (Football, F1, Motorsport, Rugby, Cricket, Sailing, Golf, Horseracing etc.)
- Understanding of the events and/or hospitality industry