Head of Sales
Head of Sales
Market Leading SaaS Vendor
UK or US based
The Head of Sales has responsibility for the global sales structure, all customer acquisition and revenue sources and objectives, across the exisiting UK and US offices offices and for future expansion into EMEA.
You own the direction, management and collaboration of the mid-market product portfolio, including new business sales and business development operations, which consists of Inside Sales and SDR functions. You are also responsible for leading the sales go-to-market execution, through a business model transformation and by continually strengthening the sales organisation to match the rapid evolution of the company in the marketplace.
This position has a significant impact on the success of the company and will have extensive interaction with the wider leadership team, providing input into key strategic decisions.
It is possible for this role to be based in either the UK or US and the company are considering applications from either region.
Key responsibilities are:
- Leading global sales efforts for the mid-market business across multiple regions, channels and segments. Defining and executing global sales strategy, establishing the strategic and tactical plans required to identify, and qualifying and wining/closing on new sales opportunities.
- Ultimate accountability for driving revenue growth
- Scaling and developing an A-team of sales talent at all levels to build on the existing sales footprint: ensuring the people and processes are in place to deliver on ambitious growth targets.
- Transforming the sales organisation to a digital driven mindset, in terms of product value, customer engagement and internal tools and processes.
- Providing mentorship and guidance to managers and identifying knowledge gaps and training needs within the sales teams.
- Owning and driving high impact initiatives to support both existing and new growth areas: ensuring revenue and profitability goals are achieved across regions, with an emphasis on driving software sales and converting customer base to recurring revenue model.
- Developing a winning culture of continuous improvement through proactive actions and inspiring change.
The role requires:
- A bold self-starter with a track record developing and continually enhancing the needed sales infrastructure and processes, sales tools, onboarding, compensation plans, training and skills development.
- Deep knowledge and experience of delivering successful business growth in sales leadership across multiple regions, within an Inside Sales driven SaaS organisation, operating an SDR/BDR outbound lead generation engine.
- Experience of a sales leadership, managing high volume sales and associated KPI’s.
- Expert at hiring, coaching and retaining both sales leaders and individual contributors.
- A compelling communicator – able to convey executive presence with internal and external audiences, including the leadership team, customers and partners.
- Comfortable operating in a dynamic, fast-paced and hugely demanding technology environment: a can-do attitude and the ability to execute with excellence and speed.
This role would suit a Sales Leader with experience of managing a team of circa 50-100 people, operating a high volume SDR/BDR driven outbound sales strategy, with a team of Inside Sales reps.
There is no field sales responsibility in this role, all sales teams are office based.
There will be a fair amount of travel to the US (at least one week in four), so candidates will need to be comfortable with this.
VP Sales, VP Global Sales, Sales Director, SaaS, Software as a Service, Head of Sales, Sales Leader, International SaaS sales, Inside Sales, Inside Sales Director.