Business Development manager – SaaS / FinTech
Job Title: Commercial Banking and Credit Union Business Development Manager
Salary: Up To $150k per annum
Location: Remote in the USA
My client is a leading technology company providing a range of specialist, integrated hardware and software solutions to Central Banks and Commercial Cash Management Organizations around the world.
Their products help underpin a nation’s economic security by ensuring the authenticity and fitness of currency in circulation.
We are currently looking for Commercial Banking and Credit Union Business Development Manager to be based in the United States on a permanent basis.
Purpose of the Job:
- Contribute to the creation and ownership of the United States commercial banking and Credit Union sales strategy and significantly grow my clients presence in the territory
- Develop key markets for my client’s solutions and products in line with business strategy
- Ensure customer satisfaction is achieved through liaising closely with the customer and the service team to ensure all KPI’s are met on regular basis
- To work with technical sales support team to ensure prospects/customers are positioned with a solution that meets their requirements and offers a sustainable ROI
- To deliver and ideally exceed invoiced sales target within allocated regions, realizing account growth, improved account penetration and sales to new prospects
- To personally build strong working relationships with client organizations and stakeholders engaging with pan-regional opportunities and relationships as required
- To achieve or exceed the regional and/or personal sales targets through sales to new and existing accounts, meetings revenue and contribution targets.
- Effective CRM (Salesforce) and pipeline management and reporting for all territories ensuring timely movement of opportunities through pipeline to successful conclusion
- To propose deal structures and contracts that deliver contribution and revenue in line with the sales plan
- To undertake activities that generate new leads and opportunities for the business
- To measure and monitor the sales performance of each account in line with the account plan
- Effectively support sales initiatives and opportunities
- Manage third party sales partnerships and cooperate where required to grow business opportunities
- Feedback competitor activity in the region to the business
- Feedback future customer requirements into the business planning process
- Operate within budget and manage costs appropriately
- Act as sales lead for area of sales responsibility on bids liaising with bid team and other departments as required
- Effective management of agents/consultants and distributors within area of responsibility ensuring appropriate compliance with policy
- Manage and develop strong high quality relationships with customers and prospects in order to maximize the long term revenue contribution from each account
- To work within established sales and account management processes, tools and methodologies to ensure a consistent, professional image of the business is portrayed to the customer
- To participate actively in an effective knowledge management mechanism for capturing and sharing all relevant market intelligence, liaising with the commercial function to influence and define new product development requirements
- To ensure all legal and commercial processes and disciplines are consistently applied
- Securing payments and/or recovering debts as required and in line with contractual requirements
- Extended and regular overseas travel required, often in challenging environments/situations
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Degree level qualifications or equivalent
- Proven sales experience and ability to construct and sell powerful value based propositions.
- Must be able to evidence successfully navigating a strategic sales process to win multi million pound contracts.
- Previous experience in selling products or solutions in similar industry would be advantageous.
- Experience of working within an international environment
- Knowledge of cash handling equipment essential
- Knowledge of vault management software desired
- Knowledge and experience of selling through direct and indirect channels
- Ability to create long lasting and strong relationships at all levels
- Ability to manage third parties (agents/consultants/partnerships etc.)
- Ability to develop a comprehensive Sales strategy
- Excellent negotiation capabilities
- Results driven attitude
- Credibility and proven experience in dealing with senior levels of government
- Previous experience within region is highly desired
- Good technical acumen
- Excellent team worker with the ability to maintain good team working relationships
- Creative thinker
Why choose My client:
My client is growing and growing fast; almost 50% in just the last two years! If you desire to work in an environment that fosters growth and supports innovation of ideas, then this busines is the right place for you.
Equal Employment Employer:
My client provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States. My client will not sponsor or transfer visas for US work authorization.