Business Development Manager
Regional Business Development Manager – (Transport Sector, Utilities, Public Sector, GIS, GEO, Mapping, SaaS, Software)
Salary £50k to £55k base salary with a Double OTE
My client is a rapidly growing tech company that has revolutionised how roadworks and other traffic disruptions are communicated, planned and monitored. Since their launch they have established themselves as one of the market leaders in traffic management technology in the UK.
A SaaS company with a track record of providing high-retention business critical software, its customer base includes >95% of Highway Authorities, major utility companies and contractors, and all major sat-nav technology providers.
The business is going through rapid growth following private equity investment last year. Its technology platform is being re-launched under an exciting new brand currently; reflecting the broad range of traffic management solutions they offer.
You will be responsible for sales of my client’s platform which is used by highway authorities, utility companies and contractors, events managers and smart mobility solution providers to plan, monitor, communicate and analyse traffic disruption across the road network. The ability to engage and communicate, understand their customers’ challenges and share their passion for innovative technology that really works are essential to success in this exciting role.
You will be responsible for
- Managing a portfolio of national accounts, with regular communication and account planning
- Attending meetings with clients and potential clients, forging strong client relationships
- Be the voice of the customer; understanding their industry and contributing solutions and ideas to meet their needs, in-line with the company product strategy
- Achieve business development and retention objectives and take accountability for account forecasting and reporting
- Utilise company CRM system (Salesforce) to progress opportunities and ensure accurate monthly reporting
- Act as the key liaison between customers and internal teams and manage queries, new requirements or concerns in a positive and timely manner
- Proactively identify and approach new prospects and contacts to support new business development and procurement opportunities
- Attendance at allocated industry shows and networking events as necessary
Required skills and experience
- Transport industry / sector expertise preferred, with experience of solution software sales into Public Sector or Utilities sector desirable
- Excellent communication and presentation of value propositions with a commitment to quality and high attention to detail
- Comfortable with complexity, evolving solutions and an agile approach
- Understanding of customers’ core values and ability to build and sustain trust, as well as motivate people internally and externally
- To understand customer investment and political priorities, financial/decision making process and available budgets
- Commercial acumen, contract negotiation experience and ability to sell on value not just price
- Persistence; you can drive ideas and be persuasive, influence without coercion
- Results oriented: can deliver under challenging conditions and maintain balance under pressure
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability and willingness to travel to customer meetings as necessary (drivers licence desirable)
If this new sales opportunity sounds like it could be of interest, please apply now. In the first instance please contact email@example.com