Business Development Manager – SaaS/Fintech
Job Title: Business Development Manager – SaaS / Fintech (360 Sales position)
Salary: £50k base salary with a 50% comms package
My client is an exciting SaaS Fintech located in a beautiful part of Hampshire. We are looking for a Business Development Manager to take a lead role in achieving the commercial success of my clients Fintech SaaS product.
The Business Development Manager will be a hunter who will engage with new customers in specific territories to achieve sales of 20+ deployments of their new Fintech product per year.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director and working in cross functional teams to assist the Marketing Director in lead generation, the Business Development Manager will need to demonstrate suitable experience of hunting and developing new leads, identifying prospects, building relationships and aggressively closing opportunities.
The Business Development Manager will also be responsible for building and managing a pipeline of qualified opportunities, forecast outcomes accurately and pivot activity accordingly.
Pipeline Management & Lead Generation
- Hunting and developing new leads, identifying prospects and building relationships
- Building and managing a pipeline of qualified opportunities, forecast outcomes accurately and pivot activity accordingly
- Effective CRM (Salesforce) and pipeline management and reporting for all territories ensuring timely movement of opportunities through pipeline to successful conclusion
- To work with lead generation & marketing teams to undertake activities that generate new leads and opportunities for the business
- To measure and monitor the sales performance of each account in line with the account plan
- Sales & Opportunity Closing
- To achieve or exceed the Software Solutions SaaS sales targets through sales to new accounts, meeting revenue and contribution targets.
- Presenting and capable of demonstrating product fit, removing objections, sharing knowledge and influencing for a positive outcome
- Great story-telling, capable of composing engaging content with an understanding what is relevant to a given audience (and why)
- Negotiating within approved limts, relating perceived ‘cost’ to our value proposition and closing with minimum ‘friction’
- Effectively support sales initiatives and opportunities
- Manage and develop strong high quality relationships with prospects in order to maximize the long-term revenue contribution from each account
Qualifications and Experience
- SaaS sales experience – 3 years selling Fintech SaaS
- Hunter and new BD mentality with proven track record
- Strong technical understanding of corporate IT setups
- A good intuitive understanding of enterprise SaaS and software sales processes
- Understanding of the client benefits and economics of using SaaS and cloud hosting
- Technical understanding of Microsoft & cloud based environments beneficial but not essential.
- Sufficient skills to support customer adoption & drive to bring systems into regular use.
- Authoritative within all levels of a customer organisation, from technical operations staff to CxO level
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to identify commercial issues and areas of business risk
- Strong team skills with ability to work closely with other functions within the business to achieve targets.
- Highly motivated to succeed
- Creative and able to think ‘outside the box’
- Demonstrable deal-making skills and experience
- Strong customer focus
- Strong team skills
- High commercial acumen
- Excellent networking and communications skills at all levels
- Ability to build strong external relationships with Customers and partners