Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager SAAS
My client is a tech company that has revolutionised how roadworks and other traffic disruptions are communicated, planned, and monitored.
Since launching in 2012 my client has established itself as a market leader in traffic management technology in the UK.
A SaaS company with a track record of providing high-retention business critical software, its customer base includes >95% of Highway Authorities, major utility companies and contractors, and all major sat-nav technology providers.
The business is going through rapid growth following private equity investment last year. Its technology platform is being re-launched under an exciting new brand in the autumn, reflecting the broad range of traffic management solutions offered by their platform.
- You will be responsible for sales of their platform which is used by highway authorities, utility companies and contractors, events managers, and smart mobility solution providers to plan, monitor, communicate and analyse traffic disruption across the road network.
- The ability to engage and communicate, understand our customers’ challenges, and share our passion for innovative technology that really works are essential to success in this exciting role.
- My client’s success comes from a real synergy of industry experience and technology excellence. They are proud to be a close-knit team that shares passion and enthusiasm for delivering innovative and creative solutions to help our customers.
- We are problem solvers, working in an agile environment that focuses on continuous development, supported with friendly and responsive customer service and training.
- They are down to earth and, although spread out across the UK, they are a social bunch.
- Manage a portfolio of national accounts, with regular communication and account planning
- Attend meetings with clients and potential clients, forging strong client relationships
- Be the voice of the customer; understanding their industry and contributing solutions and ideas to meet their needs, in-line with the company product strategy
- Achieve business development and retention objectives and take accountability for account forecasting and reporting
- Utilise company CRM system (Salesforce) to progress opportunities and ensure accurate monthly reporting
- As the key liaison between customers and internal teams and manage queries, new requirements or concerns in a positive and timely manner
- Proactively identify and approach new prospects and contacts to support new business development and procurement opportunities
- Attendance at allocated industry shows and networking events as necessary
Skills and experience
- Transport industry / sector expertise preferred, with experience of solution software sales into Public Sector or Utilities sector desirable
- Excellent communication and presentation of value propositions with a commitment to quality and high attention to detail
- Comfortable with complexity, evolving solutions and an agile approach
- Understanding of customers’ core values and ability to build and sustain trust, as well as motivate people internally and externally
- To understand customer investment and political priorities, financial/decision making process and available budgets
- Commercial acumen, contract negotiation experience and ability to sell on value not just price
- Persistence: you can drive ideas and be persuasive, influence without coercion
- Results oriented: can deliver under challenging conditions and maintain balance under pressure
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability and willingness to travel to customer meetings as necessary (drivers licence desirable)
- Degree level desirable but not essential with relevant experience
- Minimum of five years of experience in supporting or leading business development engagements for executive-level clients.