Business Development Manager
Software Industry Recruitment
£18k – £30k + Commission
Harvey Thomas is a specialist Recruitment Consultancy, dedicated to working with and supporting leading International Software Companies with the development and growth of their business operations across the UK and EMEA.
Working exclusively in the software space, our dedicated team deliver exceptional talent to an impressive client portfolio consisting of some of the most innovative and industry disrupting software companies , across a variety of sectors, including Marketing Technology, Advertising Technology, Business Intelligence, Big Data, Digital and Cybersecurity.
Our focus is on Senior level hires and our candidate network is predominantly made up of industry professionals within Pre-Sales, Sales, Customer Success and Professional Services. Typically, our placements will include Senior Sales Hires and Technical Consultants through to Directors and VP’s.
The majority of our clients are in the early stages of growth in the region and as a result of this we are pivotal to the successful execution of their growth strategies. We enjoy very strong relationships with our client base, some of which we have worked with since identifying their first ever hire in the UK.
The Position and Responsibilities:
As a Business Development Manager at Harvey Thomas, you are pivotal to the success to the success of the business and will play a lead role in our client development.
Your role responsibilities will include:
- Pro-actively identifying and targeting prospective software businesses that could benefit from utilising Harvey Thomas for their recruitment processes.
- Complete targeted telephone and email activities in order to introduce Harvey Thomas and our value proposition.
- Build relationships with senior decision makers ensuring consistent communication and developing opportunities in early stages.
- Passing fully qualified leads over to Account Management team for actioning, which can include follow up telephone calls or meeting requests relating to new assignments.
- Ensuring database is fully updated with notes and actions
- Attending relevant industry exhibitions and events on order to network and build relationships.
- Creating relevant content to be used in blogs and articles in order to differentiate and attract new business.
- Work closely with the Sales Director on new outbound strategies as well as managing inbound leads from prospective clients.
- Ideally educated to degree level (not essential) with a confident and outgoing nature.
- Experienced working in a commercial environment, ideally with some level of experience in B2B sales.
- Well organised and able to manage own workload, ensuring each day is productive and rewarding.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Comfortable on the telephone with the ability to build rapport and credibility through an engaging manner.
- Driven, ambitious and hungry for success.
This position is reporting directly into and working with the Sales Director who will be responsible for ensuring you have all the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in the role.
You will be given a full introduction to both the recruitment and software industries, as well as more specific skills in lead generation, prospecting new business, business networking and client interaction.
In addition, you will be given full system training on how to use the CRM as well as specific business development software that we use and also tools such as LinkedIn.
The position is paying a basic salary of between £18k and £25k, depending on experience. In addition, there is also a commission scheme in place, where you will be remunerated for securing new clients as well as when new business is written in the client.
You will receive 22 days holiday and for each quarter you hit your target, you will receive an extra day as a bonus. In addition, the business closes down between Christmas and New Year.
Harvey Thomas is a small business with big ambitions and it is fully expected that, as we grow, you will be able to take on a more senior Business Development role in the company, or move into an Account Management position looking after key clients.