Website Harvey Thomas
Business Development Manager
Software Sales – SaaS
Basic circa £40k + uncapped commission
The company specialise in providing small-medium sized businesses with bespoke SaaS CRM solutions, User Training, Consultancy and Helpdesk Support.
They are currently recruiting for an ambitious Business Development Manager to join their growing team and contribute towards driving the sales strategy forward.
The company manages every project with a joined-up approach between Sales and Delivery, which ensures there is no disconnect between what is being promised and what ends up being delivered.
They have seen rapid growth in 2019, which has continued into 2020 and as a result, are now looking for a software sales professional to them on their journey as Business Development Manager.
The Business Development Manager is their inaugural sales hire and will have responsibiltiy for developing and nurturing opportunities from Managing Director/Owner downwards and across multiple stakeholders.
Whilst there is a focus to develop business locally, the sales strategy is National and across a breadth of sectors.
Reporting to the Managing Director, this Business Development Manager will perform a key role within the business, for all pre-sales activities and relationship building.
As Business Development Manager, you must be capable of obtaining an in-depth understanding of the businesses being nurtured; along with an understanding of what the prospective customers key drivers for change are and the subsequent benefits their solution offers. Demonstrating capability to drive a business conversation first, instead of a technical conversation, is essential, as is building relationships at all levels of a prospect’s organisation.
The individual should be able to gather the prospective customer requirements to ascertain where the actual need is. This will ensure you are able to articulate value statements to prospects, clearly identifying how product features translate into benefits for the customer. Given the importance of the base customers in terms of delivering a referenceable site, the Business Development Manager will be required to visit customers post-sale and maintain long term relationships.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Attain revenue and profit targets as set by the sales organisation
- Maintain a pipeline of qualified, active opportunities and manage them to closure
- Generate new leads and opportunities within assigned accounts
- Up-selling and cross-selling campaigns to existing customers
- Proposition & sales prospecting campaign development
- Lead the acquisition of new accounts along with retention and growth of existing accounts
- Collaborate with marketing to support new business and existing account growth
- Report accurately on the sales pipeline to relevant people in the business
- Identify opportunities to support external expos and present webinars
Key skills and experience include
- Previous experience in a prospect facing sales role. SaaS and/or Technology Sales experience is essential.
- Willingness to learn aspects of software not known yet. This is a requirement for the overall sales process and pre-sales demonstrations
- Capability to perform in a pre-sale’s role capturing prospects requirements, translating them into a value-based demo design, supporting in the creation of the demonstration
- Strong understanding of business process across a range of industries requirements
- Ability to produce good proposal documentation, including written papers, presentations, suitable for presentation to the customer
- Willingness to identify and attend relevant networking meetings
- Ability to maintain a pleasant manner and calm disposition in difficult situations, with prospects and team members
- Strong interpersonal skills and empathy with prospects
- Team player with proven record of team innovation, creativity and results
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high growth SaaS business as they move onto the next stage in their growth, joining a team that is dedicated to making every client a great success. Regular training will be a part of the role.