Job Title: Java Backend Developer
Location: Dublin 8
Salary: Up to €90k EURO per annum
This is an opportunity for you to join a fast growing and hugely exciting company based in a fantastic part of Dublin
My international SAAS Client runs their Architecture, Development and Design teams out of their offices in Dublin 8.
We are looking for an experienced Java Backend Developer who has experience working on complex distributed SaaS infrastructure.
My client builds scalable and resilient backend systems which process BILLIONS of events daily.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- BSc or higher in Computer Science or related discipline and/or 5+ years industry experience.
- Experience developing Java microservices (Dropwizard).
- Experience with TDD, unit, integration, and system test best practise.
- Experience with Relational and NoSQL databases at scale (we have MySQL, BDB, Redis, Redshift, and DynamoDB in our mix).
- Experience designing, implementing, operating and debugging software in an environment where the platform has availability of 99.999%
In addition to the above: We are also looking for candidates who have expertise in the following areas:
- Experience of shipping highly scalable services that handle 100,000+ requests/second.
- Data encoding/compression/serialization using one or more of Protobuf, Avro, Parquet, Snappy, or Gzip.
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem.
- Experience integrating with mobile service APIs (eg. push notification systems APNS/GCM/ADM).
- Familiarity with Scala, Ruby, Rails, or Python.
- Familiarity with development for Hadoop (or similar frameworks).
- Experience with complex event stream processing systems.
- JVM tuning and debugging: you can find a memory leak, tune the GC generations, and know when someone set the thread pool size incorrectly.
- Contributions to open source projects would be a plus; please include your github username if you have one!
If this sounds like you – and your based in the Dublin area – or are interested in working full time in the Dublin area – and your skills and experience match the above content; please apply for the position to recieve immediate consideration.