Head of Engineering
High Growth UK SaaS business
£100k – £130k basic (neg) + bonus + options
The company is a highly ambitious, high growth B2B SaaS business and market leading provider of e-commerce solutions to a rapidly expanding portfolio of clients across Europe.
Headquartered in the UK, with offices in the US and Europe, they are experiencing significant organic growth and are on ambitious journey to significantly increase their customer base and ARR over the next 5 years.
The recruitment of a Senior Software development professional in the executive team is pivotal for the business as they move forward and, as a result, they are now looking to secure the services of an experienced Head of Engineering to join the leadership team.
Reporting to the CEO, the Headof Engineering will inherit a team of 40 people in the UK and in Europe, with the ultimate remit for the success of engineering, defining the strategy and ensuring the growth and development of the team. Ensuring a world class customer experience as they continue to scale globally.
Responsibilities will include:
- Define, develop and implement the engineering strategy, in line with the overall company objectives and strategic plan.
- Set the development methodology across the engineering organisation ensuring a unified process.
- Overall responsibility for the engineering budget, allocation of resources and ongoing headcount management.
- Product delivery planning and management closely aligned with high level company objectives and communicated effectively to the business.
- Ensuring a unified product development strategy is delivered and communicated effectively cross the organisation.
- Collaborating with Senior leaders across Sales, Marketing and Support functions
- Build a successful engineering function, setting objectives and meaningful KPI’s, supporting professional development and shaping the organisational design and culture.
Skills and Experience:
- A successful track record of running an agile product development teams in a B2B SaaS organisation in a multi-location environment
- Experience of introducing a DevOps culture and running multiple scrum teams.
- Able to demonstrate recent experience in scaling a high performing engineering team in a high growth software business and an understanding of the challenges associated with this.
- Excellent business acumen, with a passion for technology and strong influencing capability.
- Any experience in Product Management or managing a Product Management function alongside an Engineering function is highly desirable but not essential.
As Head of Engineering, you will need to be a great judge of character, culturally focused with an ambitious outlook for the business. In addition, you will need to be highly collaborative, a great team player and very customer focused, putting the customer at the forefront of your work.
This really is an outstanding opportunity to join an early stage and highly successful SaaS business as they embark on the next stage of their journey and play a highly pivotal role in their development.
SaaS, PaaS, software as a service, e-commerce, ecommerce, VP of Engineering, VP Software Engineering, Head of Engineering, Head of Software Engineering, Director of Engineering, VP Development, Director of Development. Agile, Scrum, Software Engineering.