Job title: Customer facing Data Consultant
Salary: 70k to 80k with 20k bonus
My client is an international Data Integration business; focused on supporting organisations who are faced with complex data challenges.
We are looking for a customer facing data consultant or pre-sales consultant who has worked with a company that works with data.
We are looking for a candidate who has 5 years of experience who must have technical skills in the following:
Databases: The ability to read/write sql queries (Not a database administrator – but must be able to understand how Databases work and how to use them effectively.
Data processing: The candidate must have experience with tools that process data. Even a little bit of ETL experience can go a long way in helping people understand my clients product.
Cloud: A basic understanding how cloud works and how to use it.
Linux/Unix: A basic level of experience and know what SSH is, able to navigate environment.
- At least basic knowledge of XML and JSON.
- At least basic knowledge of web services (REST).
- The candidate must be willing to use relatively low-level tool – in essence coding – for significant parts of the workday (sometimes the candiate will spend 50% of their time in the tools trying to develop demo/proof of concepts).
- Must be able to commute my clients offices in Hammersmith daily – Remote working is an option up to 1 day per week.
- Must be able to learn new tech very quickly, as my clients opportunities move fast and they often see new things that they have never worked on before, so being able to quickly learn and use something new is very useful skill
- Must be a good presenter. This means the candidate must have “personality” – they must be willing to talk, be open with customer and able to quickly respond
- Must be able to travel. No long trips, usually just within London area or to my clients other branches (few times a year at most). Around 10% of the time in total spent on business trips.
If you are a proven Data Consultant who has worked in the data / etl / big data / BI industry and your looking for a new challenge – please forward your CV for immediate consideration.