Commercial Manager – £60K to £70K – Software Vendor
To provide commercial support to the sales function
Working across multiple teams to help create effective commercial propositions including assessment of terms, risk, and financial compliance the company standards. Assist in creating accurate well written winning proposals and bids.
- Support Commercial pricing models working with the sales managers and teams to ensure our pricing is presented in the most logical winning way
- Facilitate Legal and Procurement negotiations with the client and back into the business including Legal Counsel, Operations management, Delivery management and Financial management.
- Support Government Framework tendering including maintaining the current relationships and looking for new ones and bid where appropriate
- Support Bid Management team in tender processes, working alongside the solutions / bid team to ensure our bids and written well and present us in the best possible light
- Take the sale from point of decision to contract and ensure the maximum value is derived
- Commercial advice and expertise, including a detailed understanding of the contract documents and schedules to the legal team
- Responsible for building a strong working relationship of mutual trust and respect with the relevant members of the business and the customers
- Supporting sales managers in the value of the bids
- Assisting the team in reaching the best possible price points
- Ensuring project risks are captured in a risk register and appropriate risk management plans are in place to achieve a suitable risk/reward balance over the whole life-cycle of the agreement.
- Working with the project team, ensure that the contractual requirements around Risk and Value for Money are understood and managed correctly.
- Examine company governance and policy to make sure they stay relevant and make recommendations for necessary changes
- Look for opportunities to grow the business, whether through partnerships or new initiatives, and works to take advantage of those opportunities
- Analyses sales and other reports that give insight into how the company can make adjustments to improve performance
- Communicates with parties in a contract so that all understand the terms, particularly the technical and financial aspects
- Coaches employees on best practices for managing contract issues
- Works efficiently and calmly to manage tight deadlines or other stress factors that arise Own and run the contract renewal process
Proven success in commercial management preferably with SaaS markets
Creative thinker with proven people management experience
Excellent communication skills
Able to operate in a B2B marketing role, preferably IT/Telecom related
Proactive and highly organised with strong time management and planning skills Able to demonstrate a commercially aware understanding of payback and return on investment concepts
Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure
Advanced user of Word and Excel
Experience of using CRM systems
Thorough understanding of commercial process